Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Photo-A-Rama


This is one of the views from our yard. I wish I had a really good camera that was capable of capturing the beauty of the Sierra Nevada mountains. They regularly take my breath away.



This is the hill across the street from our house. That white stuff is snow! I have never seen the snow come down that low, and we've lived here for 7 1/2 years. I loved how low the clouds were, also.

Somebody please shoot me if I ever take our views for granted.






These were Jack's Valentines for his 3rd grade class. I melted semi-sweet chocolate chips for dipping the strawberries. It was ridiculously easy. For the first batch, I melted the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl over a pot of boiling water. Then I tried melting the chocolate in the microwave -- it was faster and easier. I didn't notice any difference in how the chocolate looked or tasted, so I'll probably just use the microwave for this in the future.





Jack's birthday party was on Thursday (12 February). It was very low-key. He invited his friends Cole, Mason, Grant, Logan, and Nate over. They ate pizza and chocolate cake. They played on the XBox 360. They watched a movie. They wore silly Bert and Ernie party hats. (I bought those hats for Luke -- the older boys saw them and wanted to wear them. Silly boys.) I think they all had a good time, and the older boys were sweet to let Luke hang out with them. (Parker went to a friend's house that night.) Anyway, Jack's party was a slumber party, but we aren't sure how much slumbering actually took place.

3 comments:

aimee ferre said...

Okay, so call me an idiot aunt. I didn't even call little Jackie boy. I do love you Jack. Happy Belated, and please forgive me for innocently forgetting. Your momma is cool. I haven't done a birthday party for my girls in over a year. Pretty sad. And your strawberries look divine.

Luisa said...

Oh, I'm not so cool. When I say this party was low-key, I mean it was really low-key. I didn't even make the cake! It was a lame store-bought cake. There were no games or party favors. It was bare bones. But the kids did have fun. :-)

Jessica Waters said...

I miss Jack! and you guys too! Happy Birthday Jackie!