Friday, February 20, 2009

Luke

So today, Luke came into the master bedroom where I was reading and said, "Mommy, I made a mess with my mouth." Then he opened his mouth and pointed to it. It took about two seconds for me to translate. "You mean you threw up?" Then he said, in that tone of voice that lets me know what a smart mommy he thinks I am, "Yes, Mommy! That's right!" He took me downstairs to the family room and pointed. Sure enough, there was a little bit of Luke Puke on the ottoman. Not much, but enough that I didn't think I should go to the school to teach. (A lady watches him for me at the school for two hours while I teach. If he is sick, I didn't want to expose her. He didn't seem sick -- in fact, he went right back to playing -- but he did throw up just the tiniest bit of his breakfast.)

I wonder if it is possible to get through a month without having at least one sick kid at some point during the month. I've got my doubts...

1 comment:

aimee ferre said...

You ARE such a smart mommy. Good girl in the translation process. Such a cute story.