Monday, January 12, 2009

Wheels

We went to AZ for a week and the boys brought a skateboard, longboard, and scooter. It was sunny and beautiful in AZ, as you can see in these pictures, so the boys had some fun outside on their wheels with their little cousin, Mo. These pictures were taken in the neighborhood where my grandparents lived while I was growing up. My grandparents have both passed away and now my sister and her family live in my grandparents' home. It was fun to stay with Emily, Roger, and Mo in a home and neighborhood that hold so many wonderful memories.


As his Auntie Em said, Jack is "too cool for school." (This is on my grandparents' front porch.)


Razor Jack.


Luke.



Cousin Mo rides the longboard. Look at his cute smile and get a load of that beautiful blue sky!


Parker, airborne. ("You got like 3 feet of air that time.")




Parker and Mo go for a spin on the skateboard. The sky is as blue as Parker's shirt.

We came home from this AZ trip to cold, damp, foggy weather. The sky was a depressing shade of gray. Luckily, the next day the weather here was nice and the sun came out or we might have decided to become snowbirds.

PS-You can see in these pictures that Parker was in dire need of a haircut. He got one tonight.

PPS-Thanks, Em, for all the pictures! You are a great photog. You must take after Dad.

6 comments:

Sky said...

The boys are defenetly bigger then the last time i saw them I dont think luke was even around yet. We will have to change that soon. Kepp up the blogging. :) Tell everyone hi for me

Emily Ruth said...

lets see if this comment shows up.

Luisa said...

Hey, Sky! Yeah, the boys are getting big, aren't they? And you are right -- Luke wasn't even born when you guys visited us last. We need to get together with you guys soon. Give your mom a huge hug from me -- tell her I miss her and can't wait till our next Scrabble game. I'm sure she'll whip my heinie again, but I'll give her a run for her money.

Jessica Waters said...

Weezy-- The skies are always blue here. . . even in the cold. (hint hint hint) Lots of hills for the boys to skateboard on (Hint, hint) weather could be great around spring break (hint- hint!!!) We miss you all so much. I can't believe how big the boys are.

Luisa said...

Jessica, I miss you! Thanks for checking in. I'd love to see pictures of your girls. I bet they have changed so much since Brook and I visited you guys. (I think Jack would specifically like to see pictures of Eve!) :-) Actually, if we can come visit, I want it to be in the summer so that we can escape the 100 degree weather. Love you!

Kailee Rainey said...

Great family pics Lu. That is funny about Parkers hair...I did a double take to see if that was him,and I was thinking (not that I was offended) "gee, that surprises me for some reason" Then I cracked up when I read your coment. Dakota pushed for longer hair one year and it made me crazy when it was long enought to get in his eyes. I made him keep the back and sides shorter. Thanks for the email the other day.