Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lunacy

Tonight is a great night for moon-watchers -- go out and take a look. According to NASA, this is as big and as bright as the moon will get this year. Cool.

In a (perhaps) related story, people all around the world (NY, Boston, Vienna, Toronto, Tokyo, etc.) met today at their respective subways at 3 pm sharp and took off their pants for a "No Pants 2K9" subway ride. (Gratefully, these folks kept their underwear on, so, you know, no "full moons" were hanging out on these subways.) What's funny/sad is that there was a "No Pants 2K3," "No Pants 2K4," etc. This has been going on for 7 years. How have I not heard of it before? (Thanks, MSN.com, for keeping me abreast of all important news happening in the world.)

Apparently, this "no pants" prank lasted until 5:30 pm. Participants were instructed to keep a straight face and not talk to anyone while they rode the subway sans pants. What in the world? These people are lunatics. (It's cold out there! Why not have it in July? I'd still think they were crazy, but at least not stone cold crazy.)

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read that someone was trying to organize a "No Pants 2K9" in Salt Lake City. I am wondering how that went over.

What is this world coming to?

Anyway, go outside and check out the moon. It's big and bright and beautiful.

1 comment:

Emily Ruth said...

Yea! I love your blog already. I pretty much think you were born to blog. And honestly--where do you find this stuff?
luvs***