Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Luke

I had a dentist appointment last Thursday. I brought Luke with me into the exam room when the dentist examined my teeth so that he could see it's not scary to visit the dentist. After my exam (no cavities), the dentist let Luke sit in "the chair" while he raised and lowered it. When Luke got down, he told the dentist he wanted some blue gloves. (The dentist was wearing blue latex gloves for my exam.) The dentist put some blue gloves on Luke's hands and then Luke turned to me and said, "Get in the chair, Mom." I got in the chair and Luke proceeded to look in my mouth.

After we left the dentist's office, we went next door to Tim's office to say hi. Tim was busy with patients, so we only stayed for a minute. When it was time to leave, Luke cried.

Luke (crying loudly): I want to stay with Daddy!
Me: You can't stay with Daddy, sweetie, he has to see patients.
Luke (still crying loudly): I want to see patients, too!

Perhaps Luke will be a doctor someday, but first he has to learn to not throw tantrums in public places.

1 comment:

mommatree said...

Love it!!!! What a cutie!