Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oddity

So yesterday, I was in my bedroom typing an email to a friend, when out in the backyard there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutters and threw up the sash. When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a yelling man on a horse, followed by a bunch of barking dogs, chasing a cow through the orange grove behind our house.

Okay...

(People, I couldn't make this stuff up.)

6 comments:

Christine said...

First cowboy boots and a rodeo, then a cow in your backyard. You do live in the country!

J and M Lloyd, est. 2004 said...

You crack me up. I heard some big machine digging up our road again. City life, country life - just a little different!

Emily Ruth said...

Ummm...Hicktown.
It's even funnier the second time ya read it;)
luv you!
em

Luisa said...

I'm telling you, I am definitely in the country. Have I mentioned that we have goats? But we don't try to keep up with our neighbors, because they have bison. When we first moved here, I saw some people walking their sheep along Highway 190. There's an alpaca ranch not far from here. I even saw a big white animal with a hump on its back that I have yet to identify. It looks like a cow, but with the hump thingy on its back, I just don't know.

It's a far cry from Berkeley.

Eric said...

Uh, didn't you move away from Cattle Drive?

Luisa said...

Eric, a rose by any other name is still a rose. Apparently, I still live in the middle of a cattle drive.