Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Susan

Susan Boyle.

If you don't know that name, let me introduce you to her HERE.

I love that this video starts out with Susan Boyle sitting on a chair, eating a sandwich. Many great things start with a sandwich. Never underestimate the power of a good sandwich.

I loved her little smile right before she started singing. She knew, from the snickering and laughing going on, that everyone had very low expectations of her, but she also knew that she was going to blow her audience away the second she started singing. That smile showed her confidence.

I love how stunned the audience and judges were, and how she won them over with just a few notes.

I love that she made Simon smile. It was like the sun came out.

I wonder how she could even hear herself sing over the cheering.

And yes, watching her performance made me cry.

This video made my day.

1 comment:

J and M Lloyd, est. 2004 said...

I am also speechless. That was beautiful. Inspiring really.